Have you ever tried drinking Rooibos Tea ?
Of all the Teas from Japanese sencha that can be earthy to the English breakfast tea that can be acrid...
Rooibos tea is sweet, smooth tea, with a slightly nutty taste. Its gentle on the palette and will even please the non-tea drinker. You can have it super light or super strong and has a lovely deep red colour to it......
And Rooibos been such a flavourful tea... it makes a perfect combination with all sorts of flavours, from mixing it with fruit to making a spicy chai latte....
Today we going to look at 4 Delicious Rooibos Sweet Ice Tea Recipes from the Classic Rooibos Ice Tea Recipe to the Strawberry Ice Tea recipe all bursting with flavours
1. CLASSIC ROOIBOS ICE TEA RECIPE
Classic Rooibos Tea Recipe by Genuiskitchen
- 6 Rooibos tea bags
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 20 mint leaves
- sugar, to taste (approx 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1gallon boiling water
- 6 Cups of Boiling water
- 5 Freshpak Rooibos tea bags
- 1 cup honey (optional)
- Squeeze juice of a lemon
- 2cm knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cups of clear apple juice
- 2 royal red apples, sliced and seeded, for garnish
4.Rooibos,Strawberry Ice Tea
Strawberry Ice Tea by Fifteenspatulas
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 teaspoons loose rooibos tea / 5 Premium Rooibos Tea Bags
- strawberry simple syrup
- Fresh strawberry slices, for garnish
- Fresh lemon slices, for garnish
Hope you enjoyed the recipes. You can explore the full range of our Rooibos Range at the Cape Grocer